Sample Letters and Email Messages Asking for a Reference
If you're applying for a job, it's likely you'll need a reference. You can ask for one with an email or a hard-copy letter, but either way, you'll want to write your request carefully. Here are tips on how to ask for a reference, as well as sample letters that you can use as a guideline while writing your own reference request.
The person giving you a reference may need to write a letter, fill out a questionnaire, or speak to someone from human resources on the phone.
Not only will it let your reference giver know that they have helped you, it will also let them know how much you appreciated the job search help.
Letter Samples Requesting a Reference
- Email Messages Requesting a Reference for a Job Examples
- Email Message Requesting a Recommendation from a Professor
- Email Reference Request Letter for an Advisor
- Letter Sample Asking for a Reference
- Request Permission to Use a Reference